BRAND LOGOS & GUIDELINES
CODE FIRST GIRLS LOGOTYPES & WORD MARK USAGE POLICY
This policy provides our requirements regarding use of the Code First Girls (“CFG”) word marks and logotypes (this includes but is not limited to the “CFG” logo, its variants, and all CFG sub-brands, event logos and variants). CFG, and its sub branded word marks, logos, slogans, copyrighted designs or other brand features of CFG are available for use or download on the CFG website.
The CFG word marks, sub brands and logos are the sole and exclusive property of CFG. Your use of any word mark and/or logo implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy.
If you do not accept and agree to follow the rules as set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the word marks and/or logos and are prohibited from using them. Any use of CFG word marks and/or logos not in compliance with this policy is not authorized.
If you violate the rules in this policy, you must cease and desist from all use of any CFG word marks and/or logos, regardless of the uses otherwise allowed in this policy. In addition, CFG reserves the right to revoke its approval of your use of the word marks and/or logos at any time.
Logo Policy Reminder: As the need to address future branding concerns arises, we may cancel, modify, or change the terms of this policy without notice to the logo user (“You”). You are responsible for complying with any modified terms, so please review this policy and become familiar with any modifications we publish.
When downloading and displaying the Code First Girls logo, the user agrees to terms outlined in Code First Girls logo policy stated below. For alternate, additional file formats or logo variations, please contact Code First Girls: email@example.com
RULES FOR USING THE CODE FIRST GIRLS WORD MARKS AND/OR LOGOS
Permission is granted to you to use the Code First Girls (“CFG”) word marks and logos only under the following terms and conditions:
CFG’s logos and word marks are for non commercial use only. Usage of CFG’s logos and word marks for commercial sales, individual fundraising or organisational fundraising is strictly prohibited unless otherwise expressed in writing by an authorised agent of CFG.
Word marks and logos may not be used in an ambiguous way as described herein:
• No word mark and/or logo may be used in any way that suggests that CFG is affiliated with, sponsors, approves or endorses you, your organisation, your websites, your products or your services.
• No word mark and/or logo may be used in any way that mischaracterises any relationship between you and CFG.
• Vendors may not use any word marks and/or logos to advertise CFG or its members as clients on industry or vendor websites and promotional pieces without CFG’s written permission, and which must be requested in writing.
All CFG’s logos are distinctive, designed pieces of graphic artwork, owned by CFG. The following usage guidelines must be followed:
• Do not modify or alter the logos;
• Do not change scale, skew or rotate any logo;
• Do not change the design of any logo;
• Do not change or vary the colours of any logo;
• Avoid screening logos;
• Do not shrink any logo to less than 1 inch in width or height;
• Do not combine a logo with any other design, trademark, graphic, text or other element, including your name, any trademarks or any generic terms;
• No other design, trademark, text, graphic or other element may be placed closer to a Logo without first meeting the clear space requirements found in the CFG Brand Guidelines;
• Logos may only be placed on solid backgrounds (preferably white or black) unless approved by CFG, and not over an image or pattern (unless approved by CFG);
• No artistic effects (such as drop-shadows, gradients or embossing) may be applied.
No word mark or logo may be used or displayed in any of the following ways:
• In any manner that, in the sole discretion of CFG, discredits CFG or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill;
• In any manner that infringes, dilutes, depreciates the value, or impairs the rights of CFG in the word marks and/or logos;
• In any manner that is false or misleading;
• In connection with any pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that are defamatory, libellous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
• In any manner that violates the trademarks, copyright, or any other intellectual property rights of others;
• In any manner that violates any law, regulations, or other public policy;
• In any manner as part of a name of a product or service of a company or organisation other than CFG;
All goodwill generated by the use of any word mark and/or logo inures to the benefit of CFG.
You may not assert rights to any CFG word mark and/or logo whether by trademark registration, common law ownership, domain name registration or anything else.
You must, if requested from CFG, provide samples of any materials that include the CFG word marks and/or logos for purposes of determining compliance with this policy.
You must make any change(s) to your use of the word marks and/or logos that are requested by CFG.
Your download and use of the logos is subject to the CFG Site Terms.
Partners who have agreements with CFG must comply with the terms of their agreement in addition to this policy.